At-Home Date Night
Whether you’ve been cooped up with your partner for over a month now or meeting someone new on video chat, a date night now requires signifcantly more creativity than it once did. We want to help you curate the perfect, cost-friendly at-home date night ideas for you and your significant others.
Before we focus on the ideas, let’s talk about what you can do to make yourself date night ready. I don’t know about you, but my lack of effort in the appearance department has gone down the drain since quarantine has begun, and it can make or break you and your self-esteem. Getting yourself put together like you would if you had somewhere to be can change how you approach your day. So, my suggestion to get you in your date night mood would be to pretend you were going out for a night on the town. Throw on a flowy dress, a pair of wedges, a little bit of makeup to brighten your complexion, and your favourite hoop earrings. For one, you will feel good about yourself, but you’ll also have your significant other turning their head.
Date night = the best night
We know life gets busy, but now with these unexpected changes that allow us to stay home, put aside one night a week to focus on one another. Date night at home doesn’t have to be complicated or costly, so put away the phone, make a playlist of you and you’re partners favourite songs and try some of these ideas.
Date Night Ideas
- Forget Wine and Cheese… how about a Chocolate tasting night? Pick six chocolates to taste test after dinner ordered in! Pair it with your favourite alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink.
- Set up a mini spa with incense and give each other massages. Use Google or Youtube to learn some proper techniques.
- Have a “finger food only dinner” and feed each other.
- Go on a picnic. If it is warm enough, try to go outside (even if it’s in your backyard). And if it’s too cold, spread a quilt out on the floor, open a bottle of wine and have some finger foods while keeping your picnic indoors.
- Have a karaoke night! Find songs with lyrics on Youtube and sing your hearts out. This is funniest if you can find some heart wrenching ballads to belt out with one another.
- Have a video game night. Seriously, this can be a lot of fun. Use whatever game station you have, whether it’s a competitive game of Mario Kart or your partners favourite war game.
- Make it a theme night. Choose a theme and centre everything you do around it. For example, if you choose an Italian theme, you could eat spaghetti and gelato, then watch a movie like ‘Eat Pray Love’ -some other fun theme ideas are; Mexican, Asian, Christmas Dinner, 1950’s, etc.
- Have a romantic candlelit dinner. It doesn’t matter if you’re eating hot dogs and Mac and Cheese or steak; anything candlelit will be romantic. Set up the table with fancy napkins and flowers to add that romantic feel to the evening.
- Have a homemade pizza night. This is a fun and easy way to get you two in the kitchen together while cooking comfort food that will taste amazing.
- Have Breakfast in Bed (even if it’s a night date)! Breakfast for dinner is one of my favourite meals. Pull out the TV trays and go all out in your pyjamas and fuzzy socks.
- Have a living room campout. Make indoor stores and tinfoil dinner in your oven. Make a tent out of pillows and blankets and full out the blow-up mattress.
- Have a movie marathon. Pick a theme (whether it’s an actor, genre, or series) and watch as many as possible. If you fall asleep, you can always pick up where you left off another night.
- Bubble bath for two. Need I say more?
You can do so many things in the comfort of your own home that will add some extra flair into your ordinary evenings spent with your partner.